China Packaging Federation (CPF) is one of the national industry federations with the approval of the State Council, its predecessor China Packaging Technology Association (CPTA) was established in 1980. On September 2nd, 2004, with the approval of the Ministry of Civil Affairs, CPTA formally changed its name to CPF. CPF holds 25 professional committees, and a national-wide industrial network has been set up consisting of the local associations from provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities, cities specifically designated in the state plan and major cities all over China, and there are approximately 6000 members of various levels.
China Packaging Federation has established contact and cooperation relations with packaging organizations in more than 20 countries and regions. It represents the People's Republic of China in the World Packaging Organization (WPO), Asia Packaging Federation (APF), International Corrugated Case Association (ICCA), Asian Corrugated Case Association (ACCA), Asia-Pacific Steel Drum Association (AOSD) and European Aerosol Federation (FEA).
China Packaging Federation is a self-regulatory industrial organization in Chinese packaging industry. The mission of CPF is to focus on China's economic construction and promote sustained, rapid, healthy and harmonious development of China's packaging industry under the direct administration of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) through following the Three-Service Principles (i.e. to serve the enterprises, serve the industry and serve the government), and relying on the local packaging associations and packaging enterprises all over China.
The main tasks of China Packaging Federation are as follows:
1. To carry out the policies on packaging industry from the government, and assist the relevant departments of the State Council in comprehensively administrating and guiding the packaging industry;
2. To make national five-year plan for the development of packaging industry;
3. To carry out investigation and research in the packaging industry, put forward suggestions about policy and lawmaking in economic development;
4. To undertake tasks of analyzing and releasing industrial information with the approval and authorization of relevant government departments;
5. To originate publications on packaging industry and to provide professional consultation;
6. To organize trainings on talents, technology and occupation;
7. To organize technical symposiums, exhibitions, etc;
8. To participate in quality controls and supervision with the approval of relevant government departments;
9. To guide and assist enterprises to improve their management abilities;
10. To organize identifications on scientific and technological achievements, and to promote technical applications;
11. To develop economic and technical exchange and cooperation at home and abroad;
12. To constitute and supervise the enforcement of the Code of Practice and industrial regulations, to standardize industrial conduct, and to coordinate price disputes among competitors and maintain fair competition;
13. To reflect requirements from members, coordinate their relationship and protect their legal rights and interests;
14. With the authorization and consignation of relevant government departments, to carry out advance argumentations for key technical innovations, technical imports and projects on investment and development;
15. To participate in constituting and revising national and industrial standards, to carry out the application and supervise the implementation with the consignation of relevant government departments;
16. To participate in issuing licenses of production and management, and to participate in qualification evaluations for practitioners in enterprises with the consignation of relevant government departments;
17. To participate in guiding the market construction for packaging products;
18. To promote industrial and social public welfare cause;
19. To undertake other tasks entrusted by government departments.
Motto of CPF: Unity, Cooperation, Innovation and Pragmatism